COVID-19 News as of 03/20/2020
On March 19, 2020 Governor Greg Abbott signed Executive Order GA08 relating to COVID-19 which states that every person in Texas shall avoid social gatherings in groups of more than 10 people. Concerns over COVID-19 continue to increase in our community. In an effort to mitigate the spread of the Coronavirus, at the March 23, 2020 council meeting and future council meetings we are encouraging residents to livestream City Council meetings through the city’s YouTube Channel at http://youtube.com/user/CityOfAransasPass. To further comply with the Governor’s Order steps will be taken to ensure that we do not exceed the maximum number of 10 people. For those in attendance at public meetings, hand sanitizers will be available, chairs will be spaced six (6) feet apart, and TV monitors will be available outside of the meeting room for viewing.
The city will continue to move forward with city business, and taking measures like this will help to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the health and safety of our citizens.
- 6 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month (or as necessary when called)
- City Hall - Council Chambers
600 West Cleveland
Aransas Pass, TX 78336
GENERAL ELECTION - NOVEMBER 3, 2020
Due to COVID-19, Texas Governor Greg Abbott issued a Proclamation allowing political subdivisions to move their May 2, 2020 General Election to the next uniform election date, occurring on November 3, 2020.
On March 23, 2020, the city council passed an Ordinance to move the May 2, 2020 General Election to November 3, 2020.
October 5, 2020 - Voter Registration deadline
October 19 - October 30, 2020 - Early Voting Period
November 3, 2020 - ELECTION DAY
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The official agenda is posted at City Hall in accordance with state law. Copies are for general information only. In the event of a conflict between this copy and the posted agenda, the posted agenda shall prevail. Questions concerning the agenda should be directed to the City Secretary at 361-758-5301, Extension 1103.
City Council Goals
- Obtaining and maintaining outstanding Citizen and Customer relations through excellence in all aspects of our services and the friendly and helpful attitudes of all our employees.
- Living within our means - by adopting each year, a balanced and fiscally conservative budget.
- Continually improving, maintaining and/or replacing all facets of our infrastructure: water, sewer, streets, parks and drainage.
- Taking care of our most important asset - our City employees.
- To improve and expand our tax base in an ecologically sound manner, utilizing our own natural resources in developing a city that will not only be beautiful, but will maintain a sense of our heritage and provide employment for our citizens.